Re: Can not decompress a compressed string under plpy! - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Can not decompress a compressed string under plpy!
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wednesday 20 May 2009 6:06:17 am Timmy wrote:
> Hi,
>    I have stored a compressed string in a table field.
> The compressed string is created by zlib using python.
> I want to decompress this string by zlib under plpy but plpy fails to do
> so. Is plpy not support decompression? Why?
>
> Thanks!

A bit more information is required. What version of Postgres are you using, what
OS?  I am guessing that the compressed string is being created by a Python
program external to the database and then inserted into a field, is this
correct? You are then trying to decompress the string via a plpythonu function
within the database,correct? Did you import the zlib module into the plpythonu
function?

--
Adrian Klaver
aklaver@comcast.net