Where to Host Project - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David E. Wheeler
Subject Where to Host Project
Date
Re: Where to Host Project  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Re: Where to Host Project  (Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>)
Re: Where to Host Project  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
Re: Where to Host Project  (Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine@hi-media.com>)
Re: Where to Host Project  (Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek.Kotala@Sun.COM>)
List pgsql-hackers
Howdy,

Not *exactly* hackers-related, but I wanted to get a feel for this
from those who are likely to use project hosting, and to minimize the
chances of a flame war.

Right now I have pgTAP on pgFoundry, which is okay, though it appears
to be largely unmaintained. PostgreSQL module projects seem to mainly
just flounder there.

So I'm wondering, given the various discussions of PostgreSQL module
hosting in the past, where would be a good place to put a PostgreSQL
module project? The things I would like to have are:
  * SVN or git hosting (I've not used git, but would try it)  * Ability to hand out commit bits to other folks  * A
projecthome page and/or wiki  * Good search results rankings in Google et al.  * Mail lists  * Bug tracking  * Release
management

Overall, it should be easy to find my project, and easy to download it
and build it for PostgreSQL. I've had the following suggestions for
places to try, in addition to pgFoundry:
  * github  * Google Code  * LaunchPad  * WebFaction

I've not used any of these. So my question is, what do you prefer for
third-party PostgreSQL modules. Where is it that the the PostgreSQL
community is likely to aggregate with its modules?

Thanks!

David