Re: Where to Host Project - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: Where to Host Project
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Le jeudi 18 septembre 2008, David E. Wheeler a écrit :
> So I'm wondering, given the various discussions of PostgreSQL module
> hosting in the past, where would be a good place to put a PostgreSQL
> module project? The things I would like to have are:
>
>    * SVN or git hosting (I've not used git, but would try it)
>    * Ability to hand out commit bits to other folks
>    * A project home page and/or wiki
>    * Good search results rankings in Google et al.
>    * Mail lists
>    * Bug tracking
>    * Release management

There's a french non-profit team offering those: http://tuxfamily.org/en/main

You can even take their open source hosting facility software and offer your
own services based on it, and/or extend their perl code to add new features.
I tried to talk pgfoundry admins into this solution in the past, but I
understand maintaining pgfoundry is a PITA.

HTP,
--
dim