Re: Do we really need a 7.4.22 release now? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: Do we really need a 7.4.22 release now?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg@turnstep.com> writes:

> From a business perspective, there has been no reason to go through the
> pain and downtime of an upgrade, as long as the PG project is releasing
> point revisions to the 7.4 branch. As I said, I'm all for getting people
> off 7.4, but it needs to be done with a definite date, and December is
> way too soon.

I don't understand this, as soon as we released 8.0 you could take that as
advance warning that 7.4 was going to be desupported someday. So in that sense
they've had four years warning that this time was coming. The fact that the
date wasn't set in stone doesn't change their decision-making process.

--  Gregory Stark EnterpriseDB          http://www.enterprisedb.com Ask me about EnterpriseDB's On-Demand Production
Tuning