wrong handling of character params in debugger - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Wolfgang Pasche
Subject wrong handling of character params in debugger
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi,
I am running PostgreSQL 8.7.3 on Windows Vista (binary MSI distribution)
and have the following problem with the included pgAdmin Version (1.8.4)
as well as with the actual Beta release (1.9.0-Dev, Feb 27 2009,
rev:7617:7618):
If I enter the debugger for a function with character parameters, the
debugger only transfers the first byte to the function, regardless of
the actual length of the given value. The call of the function from a
SQL windows or from psql is working correctly. Oh, the function is
written in PL/pgsql. I don't know if the same happens for other languages.

Kind regards
Wolfgang Pasche
Hamburg, Germany