Re: Community account - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Community account
Date
List pgsql-general
Rainer Bauer wrote:
> Hello Magnus,
>
> Sunday, April 19, 2009, 11:05:49 AM, you wrote:
>
> MH> You need to have the email system give us at least a chance to get off
> MH> the graylist :-) Or you need to whitelist the wwwmaster.postgresql.org
> MH> domain.
>
> It was whitelisted and works now like a charm. Thanks, Magnus!
>
> I suppose there is no way to display an error message to the user if
> the email cannot be delivered?

Not really. We deliver the email to the mailserver - at that point it
leaves the control of the application. It *can* be done, but that would
take a lot of more work - we'd basically have to implement our own
mailserver functionality...

//Magnus