custom tsearch2 parsers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject custom tsearch2 parsers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
It appears that I need to put together a custom parser for tsearch2.
The description here:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/textsearch-parsers.html
makes it sound as though the default can be replaced, but I haven't
found any documentation of the API.  Tom's post here:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2009-03/msg00387.php
makes it sound, er..., non-trivial.
Is there any intended direction for this?  I suspect that most people
with a need to parse the word boundaries differently would like to
effectively "subclass" the current parser, overriding its behavior for
specific things.  Would it be feasible to allow multiple parsers to
handle what they know and pass the rest through, similar to the
dictionaries?  I would love to have a parser at the front where I
could give it a regular expression which would match any statute
cites, and let the default parser do the rest.
Is anyone else interested in something like this?
-Kevin