Re: PostgreSql with or without Plus? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ashish Karalkar
Subject Re: PostgreSql with or without Plus?
Date
List pgsql-general
Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-03-18 at 11:19 +0530, Ashish Karalkar wrote:
>

>> Postgres Plus does support  Linux and it includes all the PostgreSQL
>> features as well as have many other additional useful features.One of
>> which is its dyna tune module.
>> You can check through the webpage
>> http://www.enterprisedb.com/products/postgres_plus.do for detail
>> additional features.
>> I am using it on Linux and so far haven't faced any problem :-)
>>

> I think you should declare your (Synechron's) interest here as a close
> partner of the people that offer that software.

    Also, Postgres Plus doesn't contain Dynatune, nor does the web page say
> that... another distribution *does*, but that is neither free nor open.

Tunning wizard  module is free and open source  and can be found at
http://www.enterprisedb.com/products/download.do

Tuning wizard is also part of the stackbuilder  which comes with
standard PostgreSQL installation.
You can find it under Add-ons,tools and Utilities Menu.

With Regards
Ashish Karalkar