Re: Uploading data to postgresql database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Subha Ramakrishnan
Subject Re: Uploading data to postgresql database
Date
List pgsql-general
That would be great.
I do have GDAL compiled with postgis.
I'll definitely try this option.

Thanks a lot.

Subha
Brent Wood wrote:
> ogr2ogr can write most formats to most other formats. It can certainly write to a PostGIS database, & read KML., so
ifit can write it to shape, it can write direct to Postgis

> You just need to set your output format to postgis.
>
> Note: depending on where you got GDAL (ogr2ogr) from, it may or may not have PostGIS drivers compiled in, if it
doesn'tyou can compile it yourself against Postgres/PostGIS to enable this on your platform.