Re: What are the benefits of using a clustered index? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mike Christensen
Subject Re: What are the benefits of using a clustered index?
Date
List pgsql-general
I would only like this as a feature if the optimizer can really take advantage of this.  Clustering on every insert or update just for the fun of it won't really give us anything but more expensive writes.

I kinda figured if SQL Server and Oracle have it, they probably take full advantage of it for reads..

Mike