Re: What are the benefits of using a clustered index? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: What are the benefits of using a clustered index?
Date
Re: What are the benefits of using a clustered index?  (Scott Ribe <scott_ribe@killerbytes.com>)
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 2009-03-17 at 09:16 -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > I'm quite sure SQL Server doesn't work this way and I'm not sure
> about
> > Oracle.  Can someone enlighten me on the exact benefit of this?
> Thanks!!
>
> Yeah, they use a completely different definition of "clustered index"
> from ours.

Hopefully we regard it as a missing feature rather than as a separate
definition. We could cluster the index, we just don't, yet.