Re: hstore improvements? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: hstore improvements?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>> As an hstore user, I'd be fine with simply limiting it to 64K (or, heck,
>> 8K) and throwing an error.  I'd also be fine with limiting keys to 255
>> bytes, although we'd have to warn people.
>
> Yeah, 255 might well be more of a problem than the other limit.  We
> could move to something like 10/22 or 12/20 split, which would give
> us 1KB/4MB or 4KB/1MB limits.

Anything you like.  What I'm saying is that I think I use hstore more
heavily than most people, and that if the limits were as low as 255b/8K
it wouldn't hurt me any.

I suppose 1K/4MB would allow OO-types to use hstore as an object store,
so you'll make them happy with a new foot gun.  Why not?

--Josh