Re: Postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general
Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
> On 12/03/2009 19:56, Rich Shepard wrote:
>

>> will allow this. If the machine runs Microsoft, I've no idea at all
>>

> Start Menu
>   -> Administrative Tools
>     -> Computer Management
>       -> Local Users & Groups
>         -> Users
>
> ...then right-click on the user, and select "Set password".

or, at a Windows command line prompt,  (of course, replacing newpassword
with whatever random password you chose)

    C:\>  net user postgres newpassword

then make sure the pgsql-8.3 (or whatever) service descriptor is using
this same password...

    C:\> net user postgres newpassword
    The command completed successfully.

    C:\> sc config pgsql-8.3 password= mumba$$
    [SC] ChangeServiceConfig SUCCESS

    C:\> net start pgsql-8.3
    The PostgreSQL Database Server 8.3 service is starting.
    The PostgreSQL Database Server 8.3 service was started successfully.

(note on the SC CONFIG command, the spacing is critical on that
password= ... there's no space before the = and there must be a space
after it, quirky little thing)