ERROR: XX000: cache lookup failed for relation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Glyn Astill
Subject ERROR: XX000: cache lookup failed for relation
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi chaps,

I've got a problem trying to drop a table, I get the error "cache lookup failed for relation"

SEE=# drop table replicated_users;
ERROR:  XX000: cache lookup failed for relation 30554884
LOCATION:  getRelationDescription, dependency.c:2021
Now this table is on a slony-I slave and was in replication when I tried to drop it - I presume this is a big mistake
andI should never try to drop a table without first droping it from replication?

In addition I'd set up a trigger on the table "replicate_users".

If I do:

 select relname,oid from pg_class where relname = 'replicated_users';

relname | replicated_users
oid     | 30554879

Thats not the same oid as the one it's complaining about.

Does anyone have any idea why this has happened or how I can fix it?

Cheers
Glyn

http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/