Re: Text search with ispell - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tommy Gildseth
Subject Re: Text search with ispell
Date
List pgsql-general
Tommy Gildseth wrote:
> Oleg Bartunov wrote:
>> Have you read
>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/textsearch-dictionaries.html#TEXTSEARCH-ISPELL-DICTIONARY
>>
>> We suggest to use dictionaries which come with openoffice, hunspell,
>> probably
>> has better support of composite words.
>>

> Thanks, that knocked me onto the right track. To easy to miss the
> blindingly obvious at times. :-)
> Works beautifully now.

I may have been to quick to declare success.

The following works as expected, returning the individual words:
SELECT
   ts_debug('norwegian', 'overbuljongterningpakkmesterassistent'),
   ts_debug('norwegian', 'sjokoladefabrikk'),
   ts_debug('norwegian', 'epleskrott');
-[ RECORD 1

]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ts_debug | (asciiword,"Word, all

ASCII",overbuljongterningpakkmesterassistent,"{no_ispell,norwegian_stem}",no_ispell,"{buljong,terning,pakk,mester,assistent}")
ts_debug | (asciiword,"Word, all
ASCII",sjokoladefabrikk,"{no_ispell,norwegian_stem}",no_ispell,"{sjokoladefabrikk,sjokolade,fabrikk}")
ts_debug | (asciiword,"Word, all
ASCII",epleskrott,"{no_ispell,norwegian_stem}",no_ispell,"{epleskrott,eple,skrott}")

But, the following does not:
SELECT
   ts_debug('norwegian', 'hemsedalsdans'),
   ts_debug('norwegian', 'lærdalsbrua'),
   ts_debug('norwegian', 'hengesmykke');
-[ RECORD 1
]----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ts_debug | (asciiword,"Word, all
ASCII",hemsedalsdans,"{no_ispell,norwegian_stem}",norwegian_stem,{hemsedalsdan})
ts_debug | (word,"Word, all
letters",lærdalsbrua,"{no_ispell,norwegian_stem}",norwegian_stem,{lærdalsbru})
ts_debug | (asciiword,"Word, all
ASCII",hengesmykke,"{no_ispell,norwegian_stem}",norwegian_stem,{hengesmykk})

Would this be due to a limitation in the dictionary, or a
misconfiguration on my side?

Commands used are as follows:

CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY no_ispell (

TEMPLATE = ispell,
         DictFile = nb_NO,
         AffFile =  nb_NO,
         StopWords = norwegian
);

and

ALTER TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION norwegian ALTER MAPPING FOR  asciiword,
asciihword, hword_asciipart,word, hword, hword_part WITH no_ispell,
norwegian_stem;

--
Tommy Gildseth