Re: OS X Install - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Teran
Subject Re: OS X Install
Date
List pgsql-general
> I think the user is there in 10.3 by default. Apple is using
> PostgreSQL in one of their products. In order to use postgres (and to
> have postgres show up as a normal user available in the login menu) I
> deleted the user in NetInfo Manager. You also have to delete the
> postgres group. After doing this, I was able to create a postgres user
> in the accounts view of System Preferences.

One thing is for sure: MacOS X, neither panther (10.3) nor jaguar
(10.2) have a user named 'postgres' as default. And Apple Remote
Desktop 2.x which uses internally a postgres 7.3.2 database to store
statistic data does not use the postgres user afaik, it uses root...

regards David