Re: ODBC driver chances function-call in a wrong way - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Hiroshi Inoue
Subject Re: ODBC driver chances function-call in a wrong way
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Ida Schonfeld wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I have the following problem:
>

> I have a PG function in my database which looks like this:
>

> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION help_sel0(IN a int,IN b char(2),OUT
> master_fileset INT, OUT master_type CHAR(2), OUT highest_number INT)
> RETURNS RECORD AS
>
>                         $function$
>
>                         DECLARE
>
>                          r RECORD;
>
>                         BEGIN
>
>                         SELECT INTO  r
> master_fileset,master_type,highest_number
>
>                         FROM gen_master
>
>                         WHERE master_fileset= a
>
>                         AND   master_type= b;
>
>                         master_fileset:=r.master_fileset;
>
>                         master_type:=r.master_type;
>
>                         highest_number:=r.highest_number;
>
>                         END;
>
>                         $function$
>
>                           LANGUAGE plpgsql;
>

> When I now want to send with my ODBC-programm the following prepared
> statement to the server
>
>  {SELECT * FROM gen_master_sel0(?,?);} (with the parameters 10 and ‘S2’)

The above call is wrong.
You should prepare the ODBC style procedure call
   {call gen_master_sel0(?,?)}
or you can simply prepare the pg-specific procedure call
  SELECT * FROM gen_master_sel0(?,?)
.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue