Re: PSQLException: ERROR: could not write to hash-join temporary file: No space left on device - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PSQLException: ERROR: could not write to hash-join temporary file: No space left on device
Date
List pgsql-novice
Calvin Kim <calvinkhkim@gmail.com> writes:
> What is strange for me is that I don't see any files in /base/pgsql_tmp and
> that temp_tablespaces is not set in postgresql.conf.
> I know that temp files supposed to be removed after process is completed,
> but not sure why I'm seeing such a huge numbers in pg_stat_database. Would
> there be any maintenance job that clears this?

Temp files get cleared as part of end-of-query cleanup, there's no
separate maintenance job for that.  So you'd only see them in the
filesystem if you looked while the query was running.

            regards, tom lane