Re: [pgsql-es-fomento] Pootle server request - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Diego Gil
Subject Re: [pgsql-es-fomento] Pootle server request
Date
List pgsql-www
Peter Eisentraut escribió:
> Diego Gil wrote:
>>  From talks with Alvaro Herrera and David Fetter, it seems that a
>> very good option is to implement a Pootle server to coordinate all
>> the translations efforts and have some tools designed to help keeping
>> translations updated. While initially is for spanish translations,
>> the same infrastructure could be quickly used by other foreing
>> comunities.
>
> Would you use this only for documentation or also for messages?  If
> the latter, would this preclude editing the PO files in other ways
> (locally in an editor)?  Is there an example installation of this
> Pootle somewhere?

Could be used for both, if needed. In fact, I think it will probe very
useful for messages too. Editing po files could be done in two ways :
online and the usual dowload-translate-upload cycle. We don't have a
public Pootle server implemented (I have one on my personal notebook for
testing and learning) but you can check the "official" Pootle server:

http://pootle.locamotion.org/

Regards,
Diego.