Re: Drupal and PostgreSQL - performance issues? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tomasz Ostrowski
Subject Re: Drupal and PostgreSQL - performance issues?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 2008-10-16 10:34, Mikkel Hogh wrote:

> It's not only to avoid one query, but to avoid one query every time
> drupal_lookup_path() is called (which is every time the system builds
> a link, which can be dozens of time on a page).

Oh, $count is static. My bad. Using count for testing for empty table is
stupid nonetheless.

There is an issue report with lengthy discussion on drupal.org:
http://drupal.org/node/196862
And a proposed patch:
http://drupal.org/files/issues/drupal_lookup_path-5.x.patch.txt
which uses "limit 1". This patch is not applied though. I don't know why.

Please retest with this patch. And keep the CC to the list in your messages.

Regards
Tometzky
--
...although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a
moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you