Re: Synchronous Log Shipping Replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Markus Wanner
Subject Re: Synchronous Log Shipping Replication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Fujii Masao wrote:
> Umm... backends have already used SIGUSR1. PostgresMain() sets up a signal
> handler for SIGUSR1 as follows.

Uh.. right. Thanks for pointing that out. Maybe just use SIGPIPE for now?

> Yes, since WAL sender waits on select(), it's convenient to use signal
> for the notification *from backends to WAL sender*, I think too.

..and I'd say you better use the same for WAL sender to backend
communication, just for the sake of simplicity (and thus maintainability).

Regards

Markus Wanner