Re: Synchronous Log Shipping Replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Markus Wanner
Subject Re: Synchronous Log Shipping Replication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Tom Lane wrote:
> Sooner or later we shall have to bite the bullet and set up a
> multiplexing system to transmit multiple event types to backends with
> just one signal.  We already did it for signals to the postmaster.

Agreed. However, it's non-trivial if you want reliable queues (i.e. no
message skipped, as with signals) for varying message sizes. My
imessages stuff is certainly not perfect, yet. But it works to some
extent and provides exactly that functionality.

However, I'd be happy to work on improving it, if other projects start
using it as well. Anybody else interested? Use cases within Postgres
itself as of now?

Regards

Markus Wanner