Re: xml queries & date format - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: xml queries & date format
Date
List pgsql-general
Jef Peeraer wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Sep 2008, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>
>> Tom Lane wrote:
>>> I think the conversion to xml intentionally always uses ISO date format,
>>> because that's required by some spec somewhere.
>> Yes, it follows XML Schema.  Which is why the output format is even slightly
>> different from the SQL-mandated ISO format.
> i understand, but that makes it very difficult to change the date format
> afterwards. i simple flag to indicate no date conversion would be
> helpfull....

Well, these table_to_xml etc. functions are heavily constrained by the
SQL standard, XML Schema, and others.  They do what they are supposed to
do.  You are free to design your own XML export format or apply
postprocessing to the existing ones (XSLT?).  I don't think we should
overload the existing functions with everyone's favorite but apparently
completely nonstandard formatting variant flag.