Re: xml queries & date format - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jef Peeraer
Subject Re: xml queries & date format
Date
Re: xml queries & date format
List pgsql-general

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Jef Peeraer wrote:

> > > Yes, it follows XML Schema.  Which is why the output format is even
> > > slightly
> > > different from the SQL-mandated ISO format.
> > i understand, but that makes it very difficult to change the date format
> > afterwards. i simple flag to indicate no date conversion would be
> > helpfull....
>
> Well, these table_to_xml etc. functions are heavily constrained by the SQL
> standard, XML Schema, and others.  They do what they are supposed to do.  You
> are free to design your own XML export format or apply postprocessing to the
> existing ones (XSLT?).  I don't think we should overload the existing
> functions with everyone's favorite but apparently completely nonstandard
> formatting variant flag.
it would be a flag to indicate no conversion from the datestyle settings
in the database...i think, from a users perspective, the table_to_xml is
completely useless, if you have to reformat everything afterwards....

jef