Re: Major problem with custom data type - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Major problem with custom data type
Date
List pgsql-novice
"Morgan Kita" <mkita@verseon.com> writes:
> Once again any links to where I can read up on postgres coding conventions would be great as I have to write a few
moreof these custom data types. I have read through the manual but I am guessing that I missed a section.

There's not a lot of "here are the conventions" expository material.
However, there are reams of examples, namely all the built-in datatypes.
The best way to proceed is usually to look for existing code that does
something close to what you want, and adapt it.

            regards, tom lane