Re: SQL server application porting headache - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: SQL server application porting headache
Date
List pgsql-general
Oskar Berggren <beo@sgs.o.se> writes:
>      2.  With the openlink ODBC driver I succesfully got the application
>          to connect to the database. But now I run into case-sensitivity
>          problems. The first query that fail look like this:

>          SELECT "OperatorID" FROM "IntParams" WHERE OperatorID=0;
>                                                    notice no quotes here

They expect that to work?  AFAICS, that will be broken in any database
that is anywhere remotely close to SQL spec compliant.  If the quoted
form works then the stored column name must be mixed-case, and that
means that it can *not* be accessed with an unquoted reference.

            regards, tom lane