Re: Review: DTrace probes (merged version) ver_03 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Lor
Subject Re: Review: DTrace probes (merged version) ver_03
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Applied.

Thanks!
>> How come "Oid" works for FLUSH_START but not READ_START and READ_DONE?

I'll get the answer for this.

>> Also, I wonder if there's any proof that this works at all on Mac OS X,
>> given that the rule to create probes.o from probes.d is conditionally
>> pulled in only for Solaris?

It does work on OS X. I dare everyone to try it :-)

The implementation of DTrace on OS X is a bit different than on Solaris,
so the rule your referring to is only needed for Solaris.

--
Robert Lor           Sun Microsystems
Austin, USA          http://sun.com/postgresql