Re: Unable to dump database using pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adam Dear
Subject Re: Unable to dump database using pg_dump
Date
List pgsql-general
I managed to get the server started again.  It was failing because the
permissions on the data folder were not right.

Now, though, I'm back to where I started.  There are two postgres users
in the pg_shadow table.  One of them has a password, the other doesn't,
but they both have the same sysid.  I tried to delete the one without
the password, I couldn't get it deleted.

I tried:

Delete from pg_shadow where ctid = '(0,1)';
DELETE 0

and

Delete from pg_shadow where passwd = '';
DELETE 0