Re: Reuse an existing slot with a new initdb - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Laurenz Albe
Subject Re: Reuse an existing slot with a new initdb
Date
Re: Reuse an existing slot with a new initdb  (Support <admin@e-blokos.com>)
Re: Reuse an existing slot with a new initdb  (Support <admin@e-blokos.com>)
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 2020-05-13 at 06:18 -0700, Support wrote:
> On 5/8/2020 1:51 PM, Support wrote:
> > I normalized my replislots with the name of my nodes.
> > I have 2 options in my recovery script that tries first pg_basebackup
> > to recover and sync the hot standby, but unfortunately big DB fails
> > sometimes due
> > to very slow or unstable network. So my second option is to completely
> > make a new inidb and import an sql file from pg_dumpall master as it
> > takes less bytes once compressed. But I'm facing an issue with the
> > slot complaining (obviously) about the ho standby node that does not
> > match the slot identifier. So my question is simple, is there a way to
> > reinitialize the slot to not renew the identifier with the new hot
> > standby initdb?
>
> No one has an answer to my question?

That may be because your question is hard to understand.

You cannot create a standby server using "pg_dumpall", so it is
unclear what exactly you are doing here.

Also, it is not clear what error message you get.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe