Justifying a PG over MySQL approach to a project - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gauthier, Dave
Subject Justifying a PG over MySQL approach to a project
Date
Re: Justifying a PG over MySQL approach to a project  (Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net>)
Re: Justifying a PG over MySQL approach to a project  (Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: Justifying a PG over MySQL approach to a project  (Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au>)
Re: Justifying a PG over MySQL approach to a project  ("Massa, Harald Armin" <chef@ghum.de>)
Re: Justifying a PG over MySQL approach to a project  (Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com>)
Re: Justifying a PG over MySQL approach to a project  (John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>)
Re: Justifying a PG over MySQL approach to a project  (Madison Kelly <linux@alteeve.com>)
Re: Justifying a PG over MySQL approach to a project  (Mihamina Rakotomandimby <mihamina@gulfsat.mg>)
List pgsql-general

Hi Everyone:

Tomorrow, I will need to present to a group of managers (who know nothing about DBs) why I chose to use PG over MySQL in a project, MySQL being the more popular DB choice with other engineers, and managers fearing things that are “different” (risk).  I have a few hard tecnical reasons (check constraint, deferred constraint checking, array data type), but I’m looking for a “it’s more reliable” reasons.  Again, the audience is managers.  Is there an impartial,  3rd party evaluation of the 2 DBs out there that identifies PG as being more reliable?  It might mention things like fewer incidences of corrupt tables/indexes, fewer deamon crashes, better recovery after system crashes, etc... ?

Thanks !