Re: Syntax decisions for pl/pgsql RAISE extension - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Syntax decisions for pl/pgsql RAISE extension
Date
Re: Syntax decisions for pl/pgsql RAISE extension  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
>>> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Now, the elephant in the room is the issue of Oracle compatibility.
> None of this looks anything even a little bit like Oracle's RAISE
> command.  Oracle allows
>     RAISE exception_name ;
>     RAISE ;
I'm probably in the minority, but I care more about SQL/PSM
compatibility than Oracle compatibility.  I would hope that the ISO
standard is at least a gorilla sitting in the corner of the room.
If it's not too impractical, a nod toward these would be good:
DECLARE condition-name CONDITION FOR SQLSTATE VALUE character-literal
SIGNAL condition-name
-Kevin