Re: Re: BUG #4053: libpq documentation should express clearly, that integers are passed in network octet order - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Andrew Chernow
Subject Re: Re: BUG #4053: libpq documentation should express clearly, that integers are passed in network octet order
Date
In response to Re: Re: BUG #4053: libpq documentation should express clearly, that integers are passed in network octet order  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-bugs
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Agreed that libpqtypes would solve the problem, but the odd thing to me
> is that we have gotten very few requests for binary format information
> since we added binary prepared parameters years ago, so is no one
> actually using it?

I think part of the answer is lack of documentation and possibly how
tedious of an API call PQexecParams can be.  If anything, using the
parameterized method promotes much better "safer" coding practices, but
currently its at quite a programming effort cost.

--
Andrew Chernow
eSilo, LLC