Re: psql: no schema info - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: psql: no schema info
Date
List pgsql-sql
chester c young wrote:
> using 8.2 and 8.3
>
> here's (psychological) problem as I see it:
>
> # set search_path=old_schema;
> #
> # create sequence new_schema.seq1;
> #
> # create table new_schema.table1(
> #    col1 integer default nextval( 'seq1' )
> # );
>
> using old_schema.seq1, not new_schema.seq1
>
> and imho to make matters more difficult to troubleshoot:
>
> # \dt table1 -> does not show which schema for seq1

Must admit I thought you were wrong, but having tested it, I think I see
what you mean.

If the schema in question is in the search_path then it doesn't get
displayed. If you've forgotten what your search_path is set to then that
can cause confusion.

Not a problem I see much of since I very rarely change my search_path. I  refer to schema.table by preference.

--   Richard Huxton  Archonet Ltd