Re: psql: no schema info - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From chester c young
Subject Re: psql: no schema info
Date
Re: psql: no schema info  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-sql
> > however, just got burnt big time on sequences!  need to qualify
> them as
> > well, eg
> >   col1 integer default nextval( 'schema1.seq1' )
>
> Move to something newer than 8.0.x, and this is automatic (because
> nextval's argument is actually a regclass constant).
>
>             regards, tom lane

using 8.2 and 8.3

here's (psychological) problem as I see it:

# set search_path=old_schema;
#
# create sequence new_schema.seq1;
#
# create table new_schema.table1(
#    col1 integer default nextval( 'seq1' )
# );

using old_schema.seq1, not new_schema.seq1

and imho to make matters more difficult to troubleshoot:

# \dt table1 -> does not show which schema for seq1

Be a better friend, newshound, and