Re: float4/float8/int64 passed by value with tsearchfixup - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Zoltan Boszormenyi
Subject Re: float4/float8/int64 passed by value with tsearchfixup
Date
List pgsql-patches
Gregory Stark írta:
> "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>

>> BTW, I trolled the contrib files for other v0 functions taking or
>> returning float4 or float8.  I found seg_size (fixed it) and a whole
>> bunch of functions in earthdistance.  Those use float8 not float4,
>> so they are not broken by this patch, but that module will have to
>> be v1-ified before we can consider applying the other part of the
>> patch.
>>

> So are you killing V0 for non-integral types? Because if not we should keep
> some sacrificial module to the regression tests to use to test for this
> problem.
>
> I don't see any way not to kill v0 for non-integral types if we want to make
> float4 and float8 pass-by-value. We could leave those pass-by-reference and
> just make bigint pass-by-value.

Just a note: time[stamp[tz]] also depend on either float8 or int64 and
they have to be the same pass-by-value or pass-by-reference  as their
base storage types. There were crashes or regression failures if not.

--
Zoltán Böszörményi