Re: float4/float8/int64 passed by value with tsearchfixup - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: float4/float8/int64 passed by value with tsearchfixup
Date
Re: float4/float8/int64 passed by value with tsearchfixup
List pgsql-patches
"Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> BTW, I trolled the contrib files for other v0 functions taking or
> returning float4 or float8.  I found seg_size (fixed it) and a whole
> bunch of functions in earthdistance.  Those use float8 not float4,
> so they are not broken by this patch, but that module will have to
> be v1-ified before we can consider applying the other part of the
> patch.

So are you killing V0 for non-integral types? Because if not we should keep
some sacrificial module to the regression tests to use to test for this
problem.

I don't see any way not to kill v0 for non-integral types if we want to make
float4 and float8 pass-by-value. We could leave those pass-by-reference and
just make bigint pass-by-value.

--
  Gregory Stark