Re: TODO, FAQs to Wiki? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: TODO, FAQs to Wiki?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> The FAQs are another matter however.  I suggested some time back
>> moving those to DocBook XML.  A friend was working on a script to do
>> the initial conversion automatically.  The nice thing about it is
>> that we can then use the xml2po tools to create PO files for
>> translation.  This means that translations are more easily kept up to
>> date.  Are you open to this possibility?
>
> What would be the advantage of keeping it in DocBook over the wiki? One
> of the main advantages of keeping it on the wiki would be to allow
> others to help out with the editing of them.

Two words:

print format

If we want to push the FAQ to the wiki, we should write a stylesheet
that transforms the docbook to wiki output (wouldn't be surprised if
such a beast already exists) but the source should be Docbook or ODF.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

P.S. I am not actually suggesting ODF