Re: get rid of psql welcome message - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: get rid of psql welcome message
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> Actually in thinking about this more... I almost thing the default
>> prompt should be:

> Does Win32 have tab completion?  I am wondering if we should lose the
> tab and just print:

I don't think it currently does but keep in mind that "most" windows
users are *not* using psql. They are using pgadmin.

>     help [sql | psql]
>
> in the header, again assuming we want to actually have 'help' so
> something.

I am not opposed to the above but it does break conformance with what we
do now (syntatically).

> I am afraid the phrase "tab completion" is too complex for
> the type of people who need help.  :-)

Yeah maybe.

Joshua D. Drake