Re: Lessons from commit fest - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Lessons from commit fest
Date
Re: Lessons from commit fest  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers

Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>

>> Based on that reaction I am not going to bother uploading my copy of the
>> typedefs.
>>

> Please reconsider.  Not having pgindent work at all is not better than
> it working "only" 98%.

I have been thinking of pursuing your suggestion of having it as a
buildfarm option. We could provide a SOAP interface to collect the
typedefs and then consolidate them and put them in CVS. We could even do
it per release. That would include Windows, although only MinGW, not
MSVC, which doesn't have objdump.

I could probably get most of that done in a day or so.

Thoughts?

cheers

andrew