Re: Lessons from commit fest - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Lessons from commit fest
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I have been thinking of pursuing your suggestion of having it as a
> buildfarm option. We could provide a SOAP interface to collect the
> typedefs and then consolidate them and put them in CVS. We could even do
> it per release. That would include Windows, although only MinGW, not
> MSVC, which doesn't have objdump.

That would certainly be better than the current approach, since
presumably it would cover not only Windows but the other
conditionally-compiled stuff that Bruce chooses not to compile on
his own machine.

Note though that the existing find_typedef script only works on (some
variants of) Linux and BSD.  Porting it to a wider set of platforms
might be pretty painful.

I still wish we could build the list directly from the source code,
but I have no suggestions for tools that would do it.