Re: SQL injection, php and queueing multiple statement - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Wilson
Subject Re: SQL injection, php and queueing multiple statement
Date
List pgsql-general
paul rivers wrote:
> Ivan Sergio Borgonovo wrote:
>> Yeah... but how can I effectively enforce the policy that ALL input
>> will be passed through prepared statements?
>>

> Code reviews are about the only way to enforce this.

That's not entirely true - if you have a policy that says thou-shalt-not-use
non-prepared statements then an automated (nightly) grep of the source tree is
going to find calls that don't follow that policy - these can be automatically
emailed to you/your project enforcer. Couple that with a process step that
enforces a grep for offending statements as part of transferring files to the
live servers and you're about done.

I'm assuming that the current  policy would not allow just anyone to upload any
code to critical live systems anyway.