Re: libpq Win32 Mutex performance patch - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Andrew Chernow
Subject Re: libpq Win32 Mutex performance patch
Date
List pgsql-patches
Magnus Hagander wrote:

 >It changes the behavior when the pointer passed in is invalid from
 >crash to silent working, right?

Correct, it a Habit.  I sub-consciously write code that checks pointers.
  We can remove the pointer checks and let the thing dump core if people
prefer.

> Which brings up the second point - is there any actual reason for
> adding the pthread_mutex_destroy call? Since libpq never calls it, and
> it's never used from outside libpq (it's not exported outside the
> library even), isn't it just going to end up as dead code?
>
> //Magnus

The destroy call is within a comment.  I only put it there in case it is
ever needeed.  BTW, I just noticed the commented destroy call forgot to
free(*mp) ... ooppssseee.

--
Andrew Chernow
eSilo, LLC