Re: libpq Win32 Mutex performance patch - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: libpq Win32 Mutex performance patch
Date
List pgsql-patches
Andrew Chernow wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>
>  >It changes the behavior when the pointer passed in is invalid from
>  >crash to silent working, right?
>
> Correct, it a Habit.  I sub-consciously write code that checks
> pointers. We can remove the pointer checks and let the thing dump
> core if people prefer.

Actually, if we can avoid it being a pointer at all, that'd be even
better :-) Because if we don't send a pointer we have to allocate, then
the critical section functions have the same properties as the pthread
ones, namely they cannot fail. Any chance for that way instead?

//Magnus