More SSL crash woes - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Amiel
Subject More SSL crash woes
Date
Re: More SSL crash woes  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-general
(csl-sol210-3_4-branch+sol_rpath)"

As the proud author of this previous post:
id="lw_1207670543_0">http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2007-08/msg01911.php</span></a>

I never found a real answer except to disable SSL on the connections between my master and
subscriber nodes (instead shuttling data over a secure tunnel)

Things have been peachy ever since.

Today....first db crash in quite some time...seemingly unrelated to slony

Stack trace looks eerily familiar:

Core was generated by `/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgres -D /db'.
#0  0xfee8ec23 in sk_value () from /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8

*grumble*

I have located nothing unusual occurring at the time of the event....
We have developers that connect from win32 and Fedora boxes via PGAdminIII and they use SSL
connections...but they have ALWAYS connected using SSL.....

Any suggestions?  I really need to try to either provide an explanation or make SOME change to
prevent....

upgrade openssl? (we are on 9.8e)
remove ALL encrypted connection capabilities (via pg_hba.conf) and force connectivity over secure tunnel?
punt?

Looks like this box does not have postgres compiled with --enable-debug....but dunno if it would help anyway being
that crash occurs in libcrypto....