Re: "too many trigger records found for relation xyz" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mikko Partio
Subject Re: "too many trigger records found for relation xyz"
Date
List pgsql-general

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 9:30 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
"Mikko Partio" <mpartio@gmail.com> writes:
> On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 6:38 PM, Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek.Kotala@sun.com> wrote:
>> It is really strange. It would be nice to have reproduce scenario. Can you
>> run same DDL command which invoke a catalog corruption on test database
>> cluster?

> I tried it on a fresh instance but it went through with no errors  :(

Is it possible that anything was doing a VACUUM FULL on pg_class
concurrently with your schema changes on these tables?  The behavior
looks suspiciously like some problems we've seen before wherein rows
ended up with the wrong commit-bit markings...

I may have had a VACUUM FULL on some of my own tables but definitely not on any system tables. There was also a bunch (maybe 10) autovacuum processes working at that time.

Regards

Mikko