Re: [Pgweb] r2038 - trunk/portal/tools/pwn - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: [Pgweb] r2038 - trunk/portal/tools/pwn
Date
List pgsql-www
Alvaro,

> It is offensive to me that people is now disregarding the fact that
> Postgres is an official alias.

An alias (or nickname) doesn't get used for the title of pages on
www.postgresql.org, or in the docs.  That's really the difference
between an alias and an official name.

Of course, this may not be that consequetial since everyone seems to
refer to Postgre(SQL) Weekly News as "PWN".  I know that, despite
reading it most weeks for the last 6 months, this is the first time I
noticed.

So, thinking about this further, I think this should be up to the web
team on the amount of naming consistency they want to enforce -- WWW
committers can always change the page title after David posts it..  I
don't really think it's a core decision, and how's core going to give
David "orders" anyway?  What do we do if he doesn't follow them?  Put
him on KP detail?

--Josh