Re: ERROR: XX000: cache lookup failed for relation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: ERROR: XX000: cache lookup failed for relation
Date
List pgsql-general
On 4/5/2008 11:02 AM, Glyn Astill wrote:
> Hi Jan,
>
> Is that still true for 1.2.12? As that's the version I'm using.. Also any ideas on where I start to sort it out? I
justwant to drop the old table now I've removed it from replication, but the error mentioned previously is stopping me.

Yes, this is and will be true for ALL 1.2 versions. And this is also the
reason why Slony 2.0 will NOT be supporting any Postgres version prior
to 8.3.

If you removed the table from the replication set, then this error
should not appear any more. All I can think of is that the table might
have foreign key relationships with other tables, which are still
involved in replication. If that is the case, try dropping it by using
the EXECUTE SCRIPT feature of the slonik command language to perform the
DROP TABLE (which I think is highly recommended for any sort of DDL
throughout the Slony documentation anyway).

Jan