Re: modules - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: modules
Date
Re: modules  ("Tom Dunstan" <pgsql@tomd.cc>)
List pgsql-hackers

D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:

> In fact, this may be the way to deprecate contrib.  Start building
> modules and move the contrib packages to it one at a time.  That way
> people using contrib have some time to switch and we can point people
> to modules if they are just starting out.
>
> Is there support for this idea?  I would like to start exploring this
> if so.

No. I don't want to deprecate it, I want to get rid of it, lock, stock
and barrel. If you think that we need more than renaming then we can
discuss it, but I don't want a long death, I want one that is certain
and swift.

cheers

andrew