Re: Getting weird pg_tblspc error, has anyone seen this before? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Getting weird pg_tblspc error, has anyone seen this before?
Date
List pgsql-general
Tony Caduto wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> This must be coming from calculate_database_size().  Is
>> $PGDATA/pg_tblspc actually missing?  If the guy has no custom
>> tablespaces, I can believe that nothing except pg_database_size()
>> or pg_tablespace_size() would try to touch that subdirectory, so
>> he might not otherwise notice that it'd gone missing.
>>
> Thanks Tom,
> I will follow up with the client and have him check if that directory is
> missing.
> I think he may have used the Postbooks win32 installer to install his
> server, so it might be that their installer is messed up and not
> creating the directory properly or messing something up with the
> environment vars where it can't find the directory.

The pg_tblspc directory is created by initdb, not the installer. And
IIRC doesn't touch any environment variables. It does set the data path
on the commandline, but if that one is incorrect you shouldn't even get
that far.

//Magnus