Re: Getting weird pg_tblspc error, has anyone seen this before? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tony Caduto
Subject Re: Getting weird pg_tblspc error, has anyone seen this before?
Date
List pgsql-general
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Tony Caduto wrote:
>> I will follow up with the client and have him check if that directory
>> is missing.
>> I think he may have used the Postbooks win32 installer to install his
>> server, so it might be that their installer is messed up and not
>> creating the directory properly or messing something up with the
>> environment vars where it can't find the directory.
>
> The pg_tblspc directory is created by initdb, not the installer. And
> IIRC doesn't touch any environment variables. It does set the data
> path on the commandline, but if that one is incorrect you shouldn't
> even get that far.
>
> //Magnus

Hi,
I just used the postbooks installer and it did not create the pg_tblspc
directory, so the issue appears to be caused by a messed up Postbooks
win32 installer.   Check out this screenshot:
http://www.milwaukeesoft.com/postbooks_datadir.png

They must be deleting it after the initdb, maybe they figured since it
was empty they did not need it?

Later,

Tony